Muyiwa Ademola


He was born into the family of Prince Isaiah Ademola about 30 something years ago.He attended Christ Church School,Mapo V,Elekuro,Ibadan for elementary education before proceeding to St.David’s High School,Molete,Ibadan.After secondary education in 1991,he joined the Great Nigeria Insurance Company as a sales executive for a year.He later attended an institute affiliated to another one in London for a certificate in Chemistry though he has been acting all along.He also did Adult Education at the University of Ibadan.

His acting career started in his elementary school days when funny pupils were often dubbed actors but the turning point came when one of my student-colleagues that was cast for a lead role in a play had an accident and could not take part in the performance.After scouting for replacement,he was eventually picked for the role.During that play,he was able to convince his teachers and colleagues of the great talent embedded in me.Similar event reoccurred in his secondary school though he was a science student,he was chosen to replace one of Ishola Ogunsola’s sons earlier cast for a play when the former did not show up.Despite being a science student,his enthusiasm for acting earned him the position of the Director of Publicity in the School’s Press Club.He had a corner on our board then tagged Muyi’s Corner where he wrote short poems, jokes and cartoons.

But a bigger surprise came a few months to his graduation when he started a series of short stories through which the press board attracted both the staff and students of the school.The experience replayed itself tremendously in HIS first novel; Secrets of Death, which was encouraged by his English Language teacher.The first opposition to his choice of career came from his family.His father could not fathom why the son of an elder in the church shuttled between one location and the other to keep body and soul together.My father did not see acting as befitting enough for any of his children.In the course of looking for a sponsor to publish some of his manuscripts,he met people who told him that they could not help him because he is an unknown writer.He equally toured schools and Ministries of Education in search of sponsors I equally toured schools and Ministries of Education in search of sponsors before I yielded to a friend’s advice to try the theatre industry.

Through Charles Olumo (a.k.a. Agbako) who lives close to their house in Abeokuta,he eventually got in touch with Mr S.I.Ola,a movie director.The man taught him the rudiments of acting and movie production.He later returned to Ibadan and registered with the ANTP and he started attending its meetings.In 1995 precisely,luck came his way when met one Dibel,a generating sets dealer who volunteered to sponsor his first movie, Asise (Blunder) and since then,he never look back.

He is happily married with children.His hobbies are Reading,meeting people,making people happy,watching movies and listen to music.

13 Response to "Muyiwa Ademola"

  1. twinstaiye says:
    June 9, 2008 at 2:50 AM

    First time I will be reading something on Muyiwa Ademola. Nice blog. However, I noticed that the link to my blog (Nollywood photoblog) is broken, can you please repair the link. It is suppose to be http://allwinnersandlosers.blogspot.com

  2. Anonymous Says:
    January 14, 2009 at 12:27 AM

    Hi mr ademola, ur a very gudd actor and director.right 4m d firstday i watched ur movie titled ILE,i have rise up my talent as a movie actor.since then have made u my role model,but is a pity i find it difficult 2 meet u face 2 face.ur d greatest 4 me in d nollywood.please sir am a script writer & i can also act very well.ur assistant will be so favourable to me.my name is:olalekan adeleye.am still cheking out 4 admission into university,ds my mail addrs:wealthbiztosinite@yahoo.com,ds my phone numba:08066519426.i wil be xpectin ur reply.thanx.

  3. Anonymous Says:
    May 1, 2009 at 1:36 AM

    muyiwa ademola u are a handsome guy. i really like d way u act in film. MAY ALMIGGHTYGOD OR ALMIGHTY ALLAH HELP U AND UR FAMILY.

  4. Anonymous Says:
    February 25, 2010 at 12:07 PM

    good afternoon fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking for that singular brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are around 330 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this location selling them for half price. I really love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

  5. Anonymous Says:
    February 25, 2010 at 12:59 PM

    hi everyone. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that exact model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are approximately 340 dollars on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?

  6. Anonymous Says:
    March 16, 2010 at 3:23 PM

    hi friends. I'm really into shoes and I have been looking allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices for the sneakers were around 350 pounds everwhere. But completely I set this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what can you say about it?

  7. Anonymous Says:
    April 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM

    wát a lovely actor u are,am jumy kokson one of babasuwe actress he gave me suspension since 2003 is just 3mont but i make up my mind 2 get back 2 where i am 4rom since den am in uk Its mens united kingdom ,plz uncle i want u 2 etend my greeting2 him i heard about his wife omoladun with i love 4ever may her soul rest in perfect peace amen inalilahitaala

  8. AdeywealthWorld says:
    April 25, 2011 at 6:34 AM

    am looking forward to be somebody like u some day, and please bros how can i get ur contact , your yahoo website name, even the name of your school of performing act. will be expecting your reply into my email..........adeniranolalekan@ymail.com

  9. iPet28 says:
    July 5, 2011 at 3:41 AM

    What an in-sighting story of an icon. though i knew little of all these when he was interviewed in a programme called ARAMBARA. I will like him to produce films that are based on good governance. Wishing You all the best in all u do.

    Collins

  10. ELUGBAJU OLAJUMOKE Says:
    September 1, 2011 at 6:41 AM

    Hi,mr Ademola i will like to attend ur school of performing art.so i will love to know where is located and the tution fee .Elugbajuolajumoketoyin@yahoo.com

  11. Modupe Says:
    September 14, 2011 at 4:19 AM

    Mr ademuyiwa am modupe by name i luv d way u act and ur film's esp ile i really luv d movie and i wish 2 bkom smbdy lyk u dis is my no 08189449076 sir i need ur reply and ur no sir

  12. Edema josephine Says:
    February 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM

    Good morning Mr Muyiwa Ademola, my name is Edema Josephine, im a student of Redeemers University, department of history and international Relations. im writing a project titled- Nollywood Phenomenon: A socio-cultural impact of home videos on lagosian. i will really need your help, if only i can interview you please. the reason for this interview, is for me to make my research work factual and unique. i will appreciate it, if a reply is been sent and if my request is granted. thank you.

    my email address is: preciousfavour66@yahoo.com
    my number is: 07067981901.

    Thank You.

  13. Oluwafemi Says:
    February 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM

    Hi big bros, my name is oluwafemi, i graduated frm d polytechnic, ibadan, served in Enugu state in 2011. Sir, pls i hav passions for acting, i nid ur help, i wnt u to help me build up my acting carreer. My no is 07064384006. Email- femmlat4u@yahoo.ca. Am expecting ur reply sir. Lov u.
    Thanks.